Thursday, March 24, 2011

State of the Project, Day 11 - Call to a Really Awesome Person

Today is marked by the addition of the to-be-spectacular 'About' page. Thus far, it only contains minimal information, but over the next few days, I'll be adding info about everyone involved with the project.

So - I'm putting out a call to someone who would like to manage the donations portion of this project. Due to the important nature of this part of the project, I feel that it is exceptionally important that it be figured out sooner than later. Due to a variety of commitments and the unforeseen difficulty of negotiating this with PayPal, it would be preferable that someone who has more experience take over this aspect of the project. Please send me an e-mail if you're interested and, if possible, an example of similar work that you have done in the past. I'll be posting this blurb in the Urgent Needs section.

I also have some plans for something similar to the logo competition that I will be announcing tomorrow.

Thanks as always.

Kevin Stephens
internetlabelrelief@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. http://www.justgiving.com is probably what you're after. You choose a charity from over 9,000 charities registered there, and create a page where people can donate directly to that charity.
    For example, Civic Force http://www.justgiving.com/civic-force or the British Red Cross http://www.justgiving.com/redcross are two charities on JustGiving which are helping with the relief effort in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Warfreak2

    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm looking into this now - it definitely appears to be what I want.

    ReplyDelete