Sunday, March 27, 2011

State of the Project, Day 14 - Name the Comp!

I'll start with some great news. Twitter user @JesseSomfay suggested a non-profit alternative to JustGiving: GlobalGiving. I have created a tentative page as part of researching into it, but I will not be posting the link to that page until I know more about the website. At present, it looks like it is the best option, but it is too soon to commit to using it. Nonetheless, I am excited about what it has to offer. If you have any thoughts on this (GlobalGiving or options for donation methods in general), please let me know!

The Naming Competition (details here and here)
I've been receiving some excellent suggestions over the past couple of days, and I'm looking forward to seeing how many more we can get before time's up. So, the part that everyone has been waiting for...

The Names (as of 6:30PM PST March 27th) (in no particular order)
The Light of the Eyes is as a Comet - @JesseSomfay
Every Wave Eventually Rolls Back - @Le_Berger
希望の光 (Kibou no Hikari)  (English: The Light of Hope) - @msrando
希望 (Kibou) (English: Hope) - @msrando
Waves for Waves - Thomas Park

Voting will begin tomorrow at 12:01 PM PST. I hope to see more suggestions in the meantime, and be sure to stop back by to have your say in what this compilation will named!

Lastly, the evaluator and masterer positions are closed. I'll update the 'About' page to include the complete list of people in these positions. It's no exaggeration to say that we have some absolutely exceptional talent on board for this project - both in these positions and in the submissions that we've been receiving. Keep up the effort!

Kevin Stephens
internetlabelrelief@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment